Grab a hot dog, some Cracker-Jacks, and a coke and join us on March 8, 2019 for a very special 3 CPE training event that will be held at Progressive Field.
We are very pleased to welcome our Board member Dr. Linda G, Chase, CPA, CFE, Professor of Accountancy in the School of Business at Baldwin Wallace University who will be speaking on thesubject of Ethics. In addition to Linda, we’re also very happy to announce that Brent Kirvel from the Economic Crime Unit at the Cuyahoga Prosecutor’s Office, will be speaking on the topic of case investigations on economic crimes.
Ethics training, as you know, is an annual (2 CPE) mandate from the National ACFE for all those who hold the CFE designation. This training may also satisfy similar requirements for those who are CPAs or hold other such related designations as well. In fact, our Chapter is now an approved sponsor with the Accountancy Board of Ohio for 2019 meaning that our Ethics program has been recognized and is approved for CPE credit by the Accountancy Board. This is especially important to those of you holding the CPA designation as our Ethics program now counts towards your annual requirement. In addition to all of this, Paul Soucie’s presentation will garner an additional 1 CPE making this a 3 CPE event. This is a Win-Win for everyone!
Please keep in mind that parking costs are not included in the event cost. However, we kept that in mind preparing for this event. Typically the National ACFE charges upwards of between $80-$90 for their 2 CPE Ethics training. We’re providing you a total of 3 CPEs in this event for just $65 - nearly 25% less than the National plus free lunch and a great experience at Progressive Field.
Now, speaking about that “great experience” at Progressive Field. Did you really think we would stop at just having the training with the temptation of Opening Day just days away? Not a chance! We saved the best for last. Join us after the training for a special and exciting “behind the scenes” tour of Progressive Field. Please also know that a portion of net proceeds from this event will go towards the Cleveland Indians Charities. Now, where else can you get all of this? That’s right, only here at your local Northeast Ohio Association of Certified Fraud Examiners Chapter!
All ACFE Members must meet the strict conditions for admission to the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners. Thereafter, all of us must exemplify the highest moral and ethical standards and must agree to abide by the bylaws of the ACFE and the Code of Professional Ethics.
To review information on the ACFE Code of Ethics as well as the Code of Professional Standards, pleasevisit the ACFE’s site linked below:
Finally, this will be our last training presentation of the spring to allow everyone to enjoy their summer. Join us again in late summer or early fall for our next training presentation which we are sure you will find exciting and beneficial.
Special Thanks to General Manager Jim Folk and the Cleveland Indians
Now, Let’s Please Ball...
WHEN: Friday, March 8, 2019
MEETING LOCATION: Progressive Field 2401 Ontario St. Cleveland, Ohio 44115
Registration: 11:30AM – 12:00PM
Lunch:12:00PM – 12:30PM
Presentation #1: 12:30PM – 1:20PM
Break (10 Minutes)
Presentation #2: 1:30PM – 3:30PM
Cost: $65.00 Chapter Members
Note: ACFENEO is now an approved sponsor with the Accountancy Board of Ohio for 2019. This is especially important to those of you holding the CPA designation as our Ethics program now counts towards your annual requirement.
A portion of the net proceeds from this event will be donated to the Cleveland Indians Charities as our Thanks for having us!
REGISTER and PAY via:
All major credit cards accepted.REGISTRATION DEADLINE: March 5, 2019
Refund Requests must be received in writing (via email) at least 24 hours in advance of the event. If that requirement is met, a complete refund will be granted. Please include name, mailing address and reason for not being able to attend.
As we understand schedules and commitments are dynamic and can change with little notice, we will also consider refunds on a case by case basis provided the request is received in writing (via email) within 24 hours after the event is held. A full or partial refund may be granted minus any applicable event fees (meals, processing, etc.) as some fees are not recoverable.
Dr. Linda G. Chase, CPA, CFE - Department Chair of Accounting & Finance School of Business Baldwin Wallace University
Dr. Chase is the Department Chair and tenured accounting professor in the School of Business at Baldwin Wallace University and finishing her 17th year full-time, 21st year including her work as an adjunct professor. Dr. Chase’s main teaching load consists of financial based courses – Fraud Examination, and Principles, Intermediate, and Advanced Accounting.
She has volunteered for multiple positions with the global ACFE headquarters. Dr. Chase has served for many years on the Advisory Board of The Fraud Magazine, submitted book reviews to the ACFE, reviewed Joseph Well's personal memoir prior to publication, and was active on the Higher Education Partnership Committee.
Beyond the time Dr. Chase spends time at her job in higher education, she finds time to work out, read suspense novels, and walk her Bichon.
Brent Kirvel - Economic Crime Unit at the Cuyahoga Prosecutor’s Office
Annual Northeast Ohio Chapter Dues 2019
Dues run from January 1st - December 31st. The annual cost is $25.00.
Now extended through February 28, 2019 save $5.00 and pay only $20.00 for your annual Chapter dues. Visit our website below to renew/join.
Please Note: The Dues for the Northeast Ohio Chapter are NOT included in your annual Associate ACFE Membership Dues. Local Chapter membership is separate from the National ACFE. In order to receive the special rates offered by the Chapter, you must be a Chapter Member.
All major credit cards accepted via Paypal.
Cleveland and Baseball
- In the late 1950’s and early 1960’s Baseball Hall of Famer Jimmie Foxx lived in Lakewood, Ohio and worked at the Cleveland Municipal Court and then with the State Office of Unemployment before selling sporting goods for the May Company in Downtown Cleveland.
- Hall of Famer Cy Young made his final MLB appearance in October, 1911. However, he continued particpating in various baseball events several years after retirement. One such event was held on Labor Day 1914 where he drove up from his home in Tuscarawas County, Ohio to nearby Brady Lake in Portage County and pitched a game for the Semi-Pro team, the Ravenna OK’s.
- On June 13, 1948 the Yankees retired Babe Ruth’s uniform number #3 on what would also be his final appearance at Yankee Stadium. The Yankees were host to the Cleveland Indians that day and Bob Feller was in the bullpen warming up. Babe Ruth soon surfaced coming out from the Indians dugout to greet and take a bow in front of thousands of fans who gave him a standing ovation. Just before making it up the steps of the Cleveland dougout, Ruth grabbed a baseball bat to use as a cane and lean on while tipping his hat to the crowd. It wasn’t just any bat – it was a Bob Feller model bat. Bob Feller would later be fortunate enough to locate and buy that bat back for display in his museum in Van Meter, IA. Bob Feller passed away in 2010 and his museum closed in 2014. Most of Feller’s Museum pieces, including this most famous bat can now be seen in a special exhibition at Progressive Field.
Won’t you please consider
nominating an ACFE colleague and the ACFENEO chapter for
the following awards?
- Certified Fraud Examiner of the Year
- Educator of the Year
- Achievement in Outreach/Community
- Chapter of the Year
- Chapter Website of the Year
- To vote us Chapter of the Year, please go to:
You may also visit www.acfe.com to access other
- The deadline to submit your award nomination
is March 8, 2019.
Your vote means a lot to us!
Are you, your company, or agency looking for qualified candidates to fill open positions related to fraud or fraud investigation? Let us know. We can post that information in our Rap Sheet Newsletter that gets widely distributed to many individuals in an array of related fields.
Do you have a topic you would like to see presented at our Chapter or know a speaker that could volunteer their time and expertise to the Chapter?
Let us know. Give us a call or drop us a line.